Aug 17, 2012

lappy toppy

My laptop has been sitting in my closet since mid-May.  The charging cord broke.  It was near impossible to post from my Kindle or Iphone. Last night I posted on Facebook about needing a new cord, a viola, my mom told me to go pick one up at Staples (thank you mommy!).

I've been to Vernal twice today.

The first time was with Lynnzie and Trace.  Lynnz had an appointment with a florist.  Trace really didn't want to sit through the hour long appointment.  So, Trace and I left.  We walked around the block.  Then, he picked all of the dandelions that you can blow (is there a special name for them?).  After, all of that still failed to keep his attention we wandered over to the new library.  It was absolutely splendid.  I want to go back when I have more time to really explore and find treasures. In the children's book section, they had the letters R-E-A-D in the wall.  Trace thought it was hilarious to sit in them.


After that trip, Ryan called and asked if I wanted to go to Vernal with him.  I said sure.  The kid is leaving to go to school on Saturday, so I took this opportunity before he leaves.  He went to Walmart and got a haircut.  We then went to Wendy's.  On the way out of town, Ryan said that he'd done this thing where you lay upside down on an old cement building and look at the city lights.  Apparently its supposed to look like the ocean.  After staring aimlessly for a while, I started to get a little dizzy and then a I saw it! The ocean at night! 

It's better in person, I promise!

On the way home, I got an email from BYU saying I've been readmitted and I am set to go back Winter of 2013.  I have to submit my student teaching application again but it should be easy.  I'm excited for January to roll around. 



When I got home, I headed to Tyler's to watch an Jaws projected onto a screen in his yard.   It was sweet.  I thought I'd seen Jaws before, but I guess not.  However, it was freezing cold. 

I'm so happy to have my laptop functioning again.  I promise I'll be back to my normal blogging self :)


No comments: