Sep 3, 2012

my wonderful weekend

While I was in California, serving my mission, I met so many wonderful people who will forever hold a piece of my heart. 

This weekend some of those people came to Utah for a quick Labor Day weekend get away.  Lydia and her boys and Amie and Gabe's family came EDH.  It was so great to see them. 

Saturday morning started by watching the movie, Joseph Smith: Prophet of the Restoration.  Lydia said it best when she said, "EVERYONE needs to see that movie when they come to Utah." She is absolutely right.  I cry throughout most of the movie.  It gets me going every time. 

After that we did a quick walk through temple square and did a tour of the Conference Center.  Our tour guide was so wonderful that he fit it into our time constraints before we had to head to Brigham City.  

We went to Brigham City and did a tour of the newly constructed temple there.  It's so beautiful and the artwork is outstanding.  I'm excited for the dedication on September 23rd.  It should be fantastic!

On the way back to SLC, Lydia, her boys and I stopped in Bountiful at Nielsen's Frozen Custard!  It is one of the yummiest places ever!  When we finished with our custard we drove up around the Bountiful Temple.  There was the most amazing view over the valley as we approached the temple.   We stopped and got out.  I tried to take a picture on my phone but it really does the view an disservice so I'm not posting it.  Let's just say it was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.  Lydia took pictures with her super fancy camera and if she send them to me I'll post them.    We drove around the temple there and Lydia loved it.  The grounds were closed so we couldn't walk around there, but the lighting made it look beautiful.  After we were done snapping pictures in the rain, we decided to explore around Bountiful.  I think Bountiful was my favorite part of the whole weekend. 

Sunday, Lydia went to Music and The Spoken Word.  I couldn't find here so I went in the bottom of the North Visitors Center and listened to a couple of conference talks.  It was really needed to have a moment alone to just reflect and feel the spirit. 

After, I said goodbye to Lydia and went to my grandparents house.  It was fun to chat with them and see my aunt and cousin.  I went to Whole Foods and picked up a couple of Gluten Free food before heading home.  

It was such a great weekend I loved it. 


Good morning, Salt Lake City. 

North Visitors Center

All of us at the conference center

Brigham City Temple

Lydia taking pictures of the Bountiful Temple

Bountiful Temple


Salt Lake Temple

Crazy kiddos at the conference center

2 comments:

Erika said...

I LOVE Nielsen's Frozen Custard!!

Alexis said...

The coconut is the best!